Dental Assisting Field
The dental assisting field is growing. As many dentists devote more of their time to more complex procedures, they will delegate more routine tasks to Dental Assistants.
Dental Assistants perform a variety of important functions in the dental office.
- Assist the dentist in procedures
- Prep patient for treatment
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
- Instruct patients on postoperative and oral health care
- Make patients feel comfortable
- Maintain dental records
- Assist with instruments and materials